Monday, August 6, 2007

A good long Sunday morning jog

After yesterday's jog, I felt accomplished. I jogged 5.5 miles. This is the longest I have jogged in 20 years. I started my jog at a little faster pace than normal, but slowed to my regular pace around the end of the 1st mile.

It was hot and humid, but I managed to not really tire. My warm-down included walking .2 miles home and sweeping part of the carport. You would understand why I did not sweep the entire carport if you could our collection of stuff that needed to be moved.

I also stretched. I have not talked about stretching, but it is really important to stretch before AND afterwards to ward off injuries.

In addition to finishing the jog in good form, I also had some very good thinking time, including thinking of 3 different blog posts I want to write.

No comments: