Friday, November 27, 2015

Julie's Corn Casserole

Last Spring, we hosting about 50 people at our home when our daughter's softball team came to play at an Auburn University tournament. My friend and colleague Terry Meisenbach gave me this recipe, telling me "It is really good and feeds a lot." I had it planned to try it out, but my husband had purchased frozen mac and cheese while I was out town so I decided not to cook the Julie's Corn Casserole for that occasion.

I finally tried it for the Mims Thanksgiving gathering--I halved the recipe.

It was just as Terry reported--"It is really good and feeds a lot."

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Mix:
2 cans whole kernel corn drained
2 cans creamed style corn (do not drain)
2 sticks melted butter
2 cans elbow macaroni (use acorn can as measure)
2 cans cubed Velvet cheese
1.5 cans milk

Stir all together and bake, covered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir, remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes.

This makes a DOUBLE batch (two 9 x 13 pans); cut in half for smaller batch.

— From Terry Meisenbach 

No comments: