Sunday, August 18, 2013

A new recipe--Shrimp Campechana De Mariscos

This was a good weekend for me cook. I am particularly proud of the Apple Pecan Crisp I created and and this new recipe I tackled. After tasting Campechana De Mariscos in a Goode Seafood Restaurant, I thought it might be something I could try. iPhoto Library

Check out the recipe.

I made a few changes in the recipe.

I used a pound of shrimp and did not use any lump crab meat because crab meat is incredibly expensive in Alabama. Besides my family loves shrimp. The substitution was perfect.

To prepare the shrimp, I melted butter in a sauce pan and then added a pound of frozen, cooked and pealed shrimp. I seasoned it a little with parsley, garlic, black pepper, and celery salt. I cooked the shrimp only long enough to thaw it and make it a little more pink.

Because I could not find roasted chilies, I drained a small can of chilies and poured them on a greased sheet of aluminum foil and roasted them in the oven.

Otherwise, I made the recipe as directed.

My husband said it "Okay".  Funny, he said it was just okay. He does not like cilantro because cilantro gives a funny after-taste. Well of course, it will if one a funny after-taste after eating four helpings.

Seriously, my oldest daughter does not like cilantro either so next time I may not use cilantro at all.


No comments: