Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tornado hit my hometown

A tornado this afternoon hit Prattville, AL.

29 people are injured, 2 severely, 20 to 30 homes destroyed according to this story.

The update from my family is:

  • My brother's and sister's homes were not damaged and they did not lose electricity.
  • My parent's home is fine, as well, but at the moment they are without electricity.
  • Dad is concerned about the damage in town, but is very proud that it rained 2 1/2 inches.
  • My other sister will have a very busy day tomorrow because her pharmacy will be taking the orders of the damaged store.

I am thankful all is well with them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your family is okay - that was quite the photograph that went along with the story.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment. The area that was hit is the newer developed area. All of that was in cotton fields when I was in school.