Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lasik Today

In a bit, I will go to my Lasik surgery. I am a little nervous. I slept better last night than I thought I would. Once I fell asleep, I thankfully slept the night through.

In preparing for surgery, I put 4 different types of eye drops in my eyes four times a day for two days. The drops were mostly antibiotics and moistening drops.

The weird thing is that every time I put the series of drops in my eyes, a few minutes later I had a metal taste in my mouth. I did not understand that.

Fifteen minutes prior to my arrival, I will take a Valium. Though on the surface I look calm, I can feel my nerves kicking in. So the Valium (I have never taken Valium before) will probably relax me a little (hopefully).

Before I leave I am going to wipe my eyes with a moistening cloth. I am wearing no makeup, a couple of loose-fitting tops so I can take them off without rubbing my eyes (when I get home). The technician told me that the room is set for 67 degrees and because I will be a little nervous that I will fell very cool so dress accordingly.

I used no moisturizers or lotions this morning.

I will not take my cell phone into the building because cell phones can be problematic with the equipment.

Tuesday, I told the doctor that I feared not being able to stay still. He explained how the machine maps the eye and some movement is accounted for. (This is my layman's interpretation.), I cannot possibly explain the surgery, but it is absolutely amazing technology.

We'll see how it goes. At the moment I wish I could go back to sleep.

No comments: