Friday, January 18, 2008

Positives List #4

Even though I have felt ill for several days, I am thankful that I have been in good fitness shape. Recovering from this bug I think is easier because I am fit.

Today was one of those extremely busy days, jumping from one responsibility to another. I am glad that our staff are independent and professional staff and they don't need close supervision.

I am thankful for the influence I seem to have at times. I have to admit there are times when I get frustrated with not being able to convince and influence decisions. Then when someone specifically gives me credit that makes my day. I know that this particular individual had been thinking of ways to express herself, to provide her opinions, to write a journal (but not a paper journal), but it was after hearing about blogging that she knew that is what she wanted to do.

She thanked me for bringing knowledge of this opportunity to her. You see I think she knew she had a problem/need, but she did not know the solution. After hearing of blogging, she knew she found a solution. Though she gave me much credit, I think that the knowledge of the solution had much to do about timing as anything. She could have very well learned about blogging from someone else.

Anyway, I am thankful for the situation and having the ability to make a difference. This I cannot overestimate. The relationships with the professional colleagues make an incredible difference.

No comments: