Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Hot Jog

I started this morning's jog in my typical slow pace and never sped it up. It was hot, but a clear beautiful day. It is less humid than a few days in the past.

I jogged 4.4 miles, wishing I could jog 5 miles, but I did not make it. While I could focus on what I did not do, I am glad I finished 4.4 miles which will help me finish and push the 3 miles when we will jog later this week.

As usual, this long jog offered me the time to think. One of the things I thought about is how I got to the point I could jog 4 miles (albeit slow). My trek has been an evolution of activities, adjusting when one method or one activity is not possible.

I started in the Summer 2004 with the idea I wanted to lose weight. I drastically changed my eating habits, counted calories, and started walking. I walked everywhere and every chance I could get. I no longer count calories, I probably should since I want to lose a few pounds.

The walking--the moving--has progressed to jogging and lifting weights. I am sure in another post I will describe the progression in detail, but in any case, I am proud I can hold out and my goal is that I continue moving, exercising, and enjoying.

No comments: