Saturday, July 28, 2007

When I don't exercise

On Monday morning, I took a jog on the highway next to the beach and through a bay neighborhood. I started slow and finished faster. Keep in mind, my fast is not very fast to most folks. I estimate that the jog was 2.5 miles, maybe a little longer.

These kinds of jogs make me feel really good when I finish. Usually I am hungry and thirsty, but I feel good.

I have not had a chance to exercise since then. It is now Saturday and I missed working out this morning for a family emergency. My body needs to get going...it needs to move. If I don't find time to expend this energy in the next few days, my body gets used to the resting state. So, I want to find time. Tomorrow is Sunday, Sunday mornings always make a good time for a nice slow, long jog. Like I have said before, Sunday mornings are my thinking jogs--this is my time. I thoroughly enjoy the time to think.

Also, when I don't exercise, but my body is telling me to expend the energy, I get grumpy so it is best for everyone for me to find the time to jog and/or lift weights.

No comments: